Raceday InformationPosted by pokladov in Information, on 12.10.2016
- Runners with a number do not need to register on the day.
- Elite runners should line up at the front of the start in Attercliffe Common / Coleridge Road. Others should take up positions according to their anticipated early race pace, in the time zones indicated.
- After 8.45am runner should make their way to the start moving from Don Valley Bowl and along Coleridge Road.
- Runner must have a timing chip on their number, or a time and position will not be recorded
- Number must be worn on the vest front. Number must not be cut down or altered (This is a UKA rule). Number must not be used by another person without the consent of the organisers.
- Runners in the Yorkshire Championships team race must wear registered vests of the same design and colour of the team they are representing.
- Details to follow on collection of late entry runner packs.
- Event shutdown at the finish will commence at 12.15pm
- At the finish move quickly to the t-shirt & medal collection points.
- Drinks will be available.
- Results from previous racesclick here
- Information to follow on display of provisional results.
- To order a set of final results complete an envelope at race finish area.
- Outright and age group prize winners can collect their prize on race day.
Click here for prize details.
- One prize only per competitor. The highest prize value will be awarded.
Other Facilities Available
- Photographers will endeavour to photograph all competitors during the race and photographs of the race can be viewed on their website
- T-shirts and medals will be handed to all runners who finish.
- Finish certificates with time and position will be posted to all half marathon finishers.
- Showers and toilets arrangements to be confirmed.
- Meeting point to be confirmed.
- The location of baggage storage area is to be confirmed.
- There will be a marked table for special drinks at each feeding station.
- Deposit special drinks marked A, B, C, D, E, F or G to correspond with route map to be handed in by 8.00am, near the finish gantry in Don Valley Bowl.
- The half marathon requires dedicated training before the event. Runners are recommend to refer to http://www.runnersmedicalresource.com/ for additional medical advice.
- Full medical support will be provided for the event.
- If you feel ill on the day or have experienced flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea or a fever two to three days prior to the event, DO NOT RUN.
- Please complete the details requested on the reverse of your runners number. This information is invaluable to medical support staff in the unlikely event of your collapse. Failure to complete the details may prolong the time taken to give you the correct treatment.
- If you start to feel unwell during the race, slow your pace. Seek advice early from a race marshal or medical staff if you do not improve.
- Sprinting to the finish line will increase stress on your heart. Unless you are an elite competitor then a sprint finish should be avoided.
- It is recommended that runners do not use devices with headphones, as they may not hear marshals’ instructions.
- If the bus passes you, you will be invited to retire from the race and return on the bus.
You may continue at your own risk. A leaflet advising this is included with the Runners Guide. It does not show the route and it advises that all signs, drinks stations and route marshals may be removed. If you continue – Take Care.
- Traffic will be allowed on the route once the bus has passed you, so be careful.
- Time allowed for the sweep bus is 3 hours.
- The Fun Run will start at 9.10 am as soon as the Half Marathon runners have cleared the route.
- The fun run route will be on roads around the Don Valley grass bowl, at a distance of approx. 3K. Exact route to be confirmed.
- Open to all ages, wheelchairs and pushchairs are welcome.
- It is recommended that children under 9 years of age are accompanied by an adult.
- Certificates for all finishers.
- Times not published.
- Sheffield Visitor Information Helpline 0114 2211900 or visit www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/stay
- The Don Valley Bowl is wheelchair accessible.
- For details of disabled parking please contact the marathon organisers on 0845 388 3438 or email email@example.com
Travel & Parking
- There will be no parking at Don Valley Bowl.
- Please use Motorpoint Arena car-park from directions given below. Arena postcode is S9 2DF
- Motorpoint Arena carpark is a few minutes walk from the race venue in Don Valley Bowl.
Leave the M1 at J34 signed Motorpoint Arena/Don Valley Stadium following directions to the A6109 Meadowhall Road towards the city centre. Turn left on to A6102 following signs to Motorpoint Arena.
Leave M1 at J33 following the A630 towards city centre. Follow signs for Motorpoint Arena/Don Valley Stadium. Turn right on to the A6102 and take this road for two miles following the Motorpoint Arena/Don Valley Stadium signs. Motorpoint Arena car-park is on your left.
FROM CITY CENTRE
Travel along A6109 Brightside Lane, turning right on to the A6102, and follow the signs for Motorpoint Arena. see Arena Parking for more directions/free parking information.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Bus: Routes 69 (hourly service) from both Sheffield and Rotherham Passenger Interchange serves the Stadium.
- For more information call Traveline on or visit Travel South Yorkshire
- Be aware that there will be road closures and there will be no parking on roads immediately surrounding Don Valley Bowl.
Due to the volume of traffic allow plenty of time to park and walk to the bowl.
- Worksop Road will be closed to traffic from 6.30am. No vehicle access to the stadium.
Use the yellow route on the light rail system which has a dedicated stop beside the Don Valley Bowl. Tram stop is “Arena”. Trams connect to the stadium from Meadowhall and the City Centre.