- Runners with a number do not need to register on the day.
- Elite runners should line up at the front of the start in Don Valley Stadium. Others should take up positions according to their anticipated early race pace, in the time zones indicated.
- After 8.45am access to the track from outside the stadium will be via Y Gate.
- Runner must have a timing chip on their number, or a time and position will not be recorded
- Number must be worn on the vest front. Number must not be cut down or altered (This is a UKA rule). Number must not be used by another person without the consent of the organisers.
- Runners in the Yorkshire Championships team race must wear registered vests of the same design and colour of the team they are representing.
- The registration desk will be open at Don Valley Stadium, in the portacabin by the car park entrance, on Saturday 3pm to 5pm and Sunday from 7am for number collection and late Fun Run entries.
- Event shutdown at the finish will commence at 12.15pm
- At the finish move quickly to the t-shirt & medal collection points.
- Drinks will be available.
- Results of race click here
- Provisional results sheets will be displayed in the main stand opposite the finish line as the race progresses.
- To order a set of final results complete an envelope at race finish area.
- Outright and age group prize winners will be shown on the wall near door K, and prizes can be collected from the podium on the finishing straight.
Click here for prize details.
- One prize only per competitor. The highest prize value will be awarded.
Other Facilities Available
- Photographers will endeavour to photograph all competitors during the race and photographs of the race can be viewed on their website
- T-shirts and medals will be handed to all runners who finish.
- Finish certificates with time and position will be posted to all half marathon finishers.
- Showers and toilets available in Don Valley Stadium only.
- Meeting point is on the car park, Gate C1.
- Only labelled baggage will be stored at runner's risk so please use the tear off label on the bottom of your runner number.
- There will be a marked table for special drinks at each feeding station.
- Deposit special drinks marked A, B, C, D, E, F or G to correspond with route map at Marathon Information, opposite the start and finish gantry, by 8.00am.
- The half marathon requires dedicated training before the event. Runners are recommend to refer to http://www.runnersmedicalresource.com/ for additional medical advice.
- Full medical support will be provided for the event.
- If you feel ill on the day or have experienced flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea or a fever two to three days prior to the event, DO NOT RUN.
- Please complete the details requested on the reverse of your runners number. This information is invaluable to medical support staff in the unlikely event of your collapse. Failure to complete the details may prolong the time taken to give you the correct treatment.
- If you start to feel unwell during the race, slow your pace. Seek advice early from a race marshal or medical staff if you do not improve.
- Sprinting to the finish line will increase stress on your heart. Unless you are an elite competitor then a sprint finish should be avoided.
- It is recommended that runners do not use devices with headphones, as they may not hear marshals' instructions.
- If the bus passes you, you will be invited to retire from the race and return on the bus.
You may continue at your own risk. A leaflet advising this is included with the Runners Guide.
It does not show the route and it advises that all signs, drinks stations and route marshals may be removed. If you continue - Take Care.
- Traffic will be allowed on the route once the bus has passed you, so be careful.
- Time allowed for the sweep bus is 3 hours.
- The Fun Run will start at 9.10 am as soon as the Half Marathon runners have cleared the stadium.
- The fun run route will take runners around Don Valley Stadium and Don Valley Bowl on a course of about 3km. No part is on the public highway.
- Open to all ages, wheelchairs and pushchairs are welcome.
- It is recommended that children under 9 years of age are accompanied by an adult.
- Certificates for all finishers.
- Times not published.
- Sheffield Visitor Information Helpline 0114 2211900 or visit www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/stay
- The stadium is wheelchair accessible from the main entrance.
- For details of disabled parking please contact the marathon organisers on 0845 388 3438 or email email@example.com
- For assistance in the stadium contact stadium reception.
Travel & Parking
- There will be no parking at Don Valley Stadium.
- Please use Motorpoint Arena car-park from directions given below. Arena postcode is S9 2DF
- Motorpoint Arena carpark is 10 minutes' walk from the race start at Don Valley Stadium.
SOUTHBOUND TRAFFICLeave the M1 at J34 signed Motorpoint Arena/Don Valley Stadium following directions to the A6109 Meadowhall Road towards the city centre. Turn left on to A6102 following signs to Motorpoint Arena.
NORTHBOUND TRAFFICLeave M1 at J33 following the A630 towards city centre. Follow signs for Motorpoint Arena/Don Valley Stadium. Turn right on to the A6102 and take this road for two miles following the Motorpoint Arena/Don Valley Stadium signs. Motorpoint Arena car-park is on your left.
FROM CITY CENTRE Travel along A6109 Brightside Lane, turning right on to the A6102, and follow the signs for Motorpoint Arena. see Arena Parking for more directions/free parking information.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT Bus: Routes 69 (hourly service) from both Sheffield and Rotherham Passenger Interchange serves the Stadium.
- For more information call Traveline on 01709 515151 or visit Travel South Yorkshire
- Be aware that there will be road closures and there will be no parking on roads immediately surrounding Don Valley Stadium.
Due to the volume of traffic allow plenty of time to park and walk to the stadium.
- Worksop Road will be closed to traffic from 6.30am. No vehicle access to the stadium.
SUPERTRAM Use the yellow route on the light rail system which has a dedicated stop within 500 metres of the stadium. Tram stop is "Attercliffe". Trams connect to the stadium from Meadowhall and the City Centre.