- The Fun Run will start at 9.10 am as soon as the Half Marathon runners have cleared the route.
- The fun run route will be on roads around the Don Valley grass bowl, at a distance of approx. 3K. Exact route to be confirmed.
- Open to all ages, wheelchairs and pushchairs are welcome.
- It is recommended that children under 9 years of age are accompanied by an adult.
- Certificates for all finishers.
- Times not published.
Kitchen Renovations Melbourne: Choosing the Right Flooring
Choosing the right flooring for your kitchen renovation Melbourne needs careful thought. It is a delicate balancing act between finding a hard-wearing, hygienic material, aesthetic preferences, and cost. Wood floors are warm, easy to clean, and are a good value, however, their long-term durability and water resistance around sinks are a problem; limestone and slate are hard-wearing, but can be cold and hard on the feet. Modern materials such as vinyl are also appealing because they are affordable and can be easily replaced. Here’s a look at four different materials that you are likely to consider for your kitchen renovation Melbourne by GIA Renovations.
The warmth of color, choice of grains, and give underfoot make natural wood popular, but it must be well sealed.
- Reasonably priced and straightforward to install
- China often “bounces” when dropped on wood
- It compliments wood cabinetry and counters
- Few protective finishes last, especially when wet
- Too much wood in one room is overpowering
- Requires regular maintenance
Enthusiasm for this natural stone means that quarried limestone is easy to obtain. For your kitchen renovation Melbourne, choose one with a low level of porosity.
- A wide choice of colors, textures, and patterns
- Durable and low maintenance if properly sealed
- Resistant to heat, water, and household solvents
- Some porous types need several coats of sealant
- Its hard surface is cold on the feet and noisy
- Dirt shows up easier on lighter colors
A cheap, flexible plastic that is produced in sheet or tile form. It is available in a large range of colors and patterns. A good choice for the cost conscious kitchen renovation Melbourne.
- Soft, quiet, and slip-resistant
- Inexpensive and easy to install on a flat surface
- Hard-wearing and waterproof
- Tends to discolor with age
- Reflects light poorly and looks artificial
- Ripples may form if laid on an uneven floor
Popular because of its natural variations in color from gray to green and purple, slate is precision-cut into sheets or tiles. This material will provide a nice look for your kitchen renovation Melbourne.
- Wide range of colors and sizes
- Choice of smooth or rough natural finishes
- Wears well over the years and is waterproof
- Large pieces are brittle and may crack or peel
- Hard and cold
- Large sheets are expensive